KVP Business Solution
To design a dashboard for displaying internal business unit performance in one single platform.
To automate the business performance tracking across internal departments so that it becomes easier for management to do yearly planning
No one-stop platform to view department performance
Manual report preparation
- Design a web portal so every department can update its status in a timely manner.
- Design a dashboard, to present important KPI’s in a view.
- Visual Design
- UX Design
After understanding the business goals, I planned to conduct a strategy workshop with the stakeholders to define the UX KPIs and overall project requirements. The project took almost 2 months to complete and handoff to the client product team to develop.
I started with some research and learnings about best practices for designing Dashboards. I gathered a couple of design inspirations from Behance and Muzli.
Started brainstorming sessions with the stakeholder and other department heads to ideate on possible solutions. The goal of this process was to figure out the below areas.
- The KPIs to track on the platform from different verticals of the organization
- To understand different tasks users willing to perform by creating User stories & HMW (How Might We) questions.
- Create an information architect to understand the functional aspect of the product from the project manager.
I started with creating the wireframes to validate the content layout for the portal. After creating the hifi mockups I also performed Usability to validate the designs.
Before starting the project, we decided to track some of the metrics to define UX success. The insight is from a period of 6 months post-launch of the application.
- Time saved – 50%
- Reduced server downtime – 35%
- Incidents – 40%
- Creating the information architect with a complete understanding of the functional side of the product is crucial. It helps the designer determine the interaction.
- Improved communication skills as there were multiple meetings and presentations with the stakeholders and client management.
- Developer collaboration is very helpful early in the design process, as it helps to overcome design debt.
UX Design, Website Design & Development
Helped with UX design solutions by designing a mobile app for students where notes can be made easily available.
Helped with designing a payment app for in-house employees to make day-to-day transactions easier.
Thanks for viewing
Have a similar project in mind? Let’s get to work!
I’m here to help. Just answer a few simple questions to help me understand about your requirements and we can take it forward from here.